- Born on 11.05.1876 in Lausanne
- Died on 25.02.1963 in Lausanne
- Native of Riex (VD), Cully (VD) and Lutry (VD)
- Baccalaureate or maturity: sciences (Lausanne, 1894).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent: engineering degree (Lausanne, 1899).
- Doctorate: sciences, physics (professor Dufour) (Lausanne, 1901) Contribution to the study of energy losses in dielectrics. Lausanne: lmpr. Corbaz. 1902, 63 p.))
Career outside UNIL
- Engineer, A.E.G., Basel-Berlin (1903->)
- assistant (professor ROENTGEN), Munich (1905- 1906)
- glaciologist (Arctic exploration)
- Chief, Vaud Meteorological Service of the Champ-de-l'Air (1911-1941)
- Swiss expedition, Greenland (1912-1913)
- teacher of theoretical electricity, Business School
- substitute teacher of physics, School of Business (two semesters)
- founder and first director, Station radiophonique du Champ-de-l'Air
- initiator (with Roland PIÈCE), Swiss Broadcasting (1923 ->)
- Director, Swiss Central Meteorological Station, Zurich (1934-1941).
Career at UNIL
- assistant (professor Adrien PALAZ), Electricity Laboratory, School of Engineering (1901-1903)
- privat-docent of electrical measurements (1903-1905)
- Extraordinary professor of electrical measurements and electricity laboratory (1904-1938)
- Laboratory of physics, EPUL (1904-1928), meteorology
- Faculty of Sciences (1913-1934), Geophysics, Exploration Topography
- Faculty of Science (1920-1934).
- Obituary by André Renaud + list of publications: PDF